|New Wisenet Resources - Now Available - Click Here :)|
This help site will be retired
Wise.NET Portal: Wise.NET Student Administration Security Levels
It is the responsibility of the portal administrator to set up users, modify users and deactivate users within their Institute.
If a support or telephone call is made directly to Wisenet requesting for access level to be altered by the user, they will be referred back to the portal administrator. The Portal Administrator should be able to make the decision on what access levels all users within the Institute require to complete their job role.
Note: if the Portal Administrator leaves the Institute and there is no 2nd Portal Administrator a formal letter from the Managing Director or CEO to Wisenet is required authorising for changes to occur.
Wisenet security levels have two broad types of access:
LRM Access Roles
The admin role is able to complete all actions in LRM. You should be careful when assigning this role. Key things an Admin can do that a user cannot:
- Modify organisation details and customisable fields including checklists
- Configure Message Templates, uReport Templates and Learncycles
- Issue credentials
- Perform exports
- Delete records
- Access Management Reports
- Set up and manage subscription reports
- View the audit log history for all users
- Bulk Add/Update course enrolment checklists
This role is designed to complete the majority of student administration tasks. Minus the setup and important actions assigned to Admin.
The trainer role is locked down to only be able to use the Trainer App. The Trainer App is designed to allow Trainers to view and manage records that they are linked to as a Trainer. The Portal Admin is able to configure the Trainer App and modify what actions the Trainer can do. See the Trainer App setting options.
This role is design to provide a restricted view for any student in Wisenet. They can:
- can view and edit client records
- can view and add logbook records (file notes, add and edit tasks, create ureports and send messages)
- can view but not edit course and unit enrolments, attendance and positions for an individual student
- cannot view most other Wisenet sections
This role is purely a read-only role. It is useful for auditing purposes.