|New Wisenet Resources - Now Available - Click Here :)|
This help site will be retired
Wise.NET Portal: Add a User
This function is for portal Administrators only:
- Log into the Portal
- On the Top Menu, click 'Users'
- The ‘Users Summary’ page will open - click 'Send Invitation'
- Type in their email address, mobile number, first and last name
- Be sure to set the country code correctly for the mobile number so the invitation will work properly
- Note that this service is not available for USA phone numbers at this time. See section below for workaround
- Note that you still need to put a zero at the start of the mobile number
- Select the Business Area that they work in at your organisation
- In the Profile drop down, select the Profile you wish to add this user to
- Select the relevant access level for each product
- If you selected a Wisenet security level, an additional drop down will appear, does the staff members name appear in the dropdown list?:
- Yes: This means that they have already been entered into the Staff section of Wisenet - click this option
- No Then select 'No, Create new staff record' - this will cause their record to be automatically created in the Staff section of Wisenet
- Note: If you know a staff member should appear in the list but does not then you need to ensure that the name in the invitation is an identical match to the first and last name in Wisenet staff section
- The ‘My Contact Details’ section will list your name and contact details which will appear in the invitation email - add or change details if required
- Click 'Send'
- A confirmation message will now appear
Wisenet User Authentication Process
A person (or persons) at each organisation with a Wisenet Portal security level of “Principal User” is responsible for the initial creation of each user account and then sending each user an invitation email which they must accept via a 2-factor authentication process in order to access any applications. The Principal User also determines the level of access a user will have within the application. The two authentication factors are; the user’s email address and mobile telephone number. During the authentication process, the new user must confirm their email address and mobile telephone number to ensure it matches the information set by the Portal Administrator. A one-time security code is sent via SMS to the user’s mobile telephone number which must be input during the authentication process. Should any of these pieces of information be incorrect or not available, access will not be granted.
I want to invite someone who doesn't have a mobile number
You will still need to specify a mobile number of someone that the user can easily contact. When they are going through the invitation process they just need to be on the phone with the owner of that mobile phone to get the code that will come through on that other mobile number. You'll probably want to tell the invitee about all this in advance of sending the invitation.
I want to invite someone who has a USA mobile number
You will still need to specify a non-USA mobile number of someone that the user can easily contact. When they are going through the invitation process they just need to be on the phone with the owner of that mobile phone to get the code that will come through on that other mobile number. You'll probably want to tell the invitee about all this in advance of sending the invitation.
We are not aware of issues with mobile numbers from any other country and we are working to resolve this issue for USA.